Digital Restorative Dentistry
Date and Location
28 Jun 2018 - 29 Jun 2018
09:00 - 17:00
12 Omega St, Rosedale
Prices exclude GST
Register for this course: click here
Understand the power of digital technology in restorative dentistry, scan, mill and cement a monolithic all-ceramic restoration in a 2-day hands-on course. If you are new to digital dentistry, or considering integration into your practice, this course will give handson experience in a simulation clinic, and assist in the transition to a full digital workflow.
• The fundamentals of conversion to a digital practice
• The future of digital dentistry, its benefits and advantages
• Why shift from PVS dentistry?
• Preparation, shade selection and cementation for milled monolithic all-ceramic restorations
• The wide range of digital applications with chair side oral scanning and 3D printing
• A historical review of 3D dentistry
• A review of the Carestream CS3600 and 3Shape Trios scanners
• Cost analysis of scanning
• Accuracy of scanners
• Digital Restorative Dentistry scanning workflow
• Day to day strategies for implementing intra-oral scanning into your practice
• Clinical examples of scanner use, including diagnosis, simple and multiple restorations, orthodontics and aesthetic dentistry
• Hands-on scanning on a dental mannequin, using the Carestream and 3Shape TRIOS® scanners
• Carry out a predictable preparation technique with simple burs you can use every time
• Scan a preparation for a monolithic IPS e.max® onlay on a mannequin.
• Stain, glaze and sinter your milled onlay
• Review current cementation techniques for allceramic restorations
• Cement your onlay, using step-by-step techniques on your mannequin under rubber dam
• Use a shade selection app and understand ingot selection
• Integration of chair-side milling technology in your office
• 3D Printing and accuracy of printed models - the important things to know
• Clinical Examples of scanner use, including simple restorative, multiple restorations and aesthetic dentistry applications
Enjoy limited numbers and small group teaching with direct access to Dr Shepperson over the two days, and technical expertise from Ivoclar Vivadent’s digital and laboratory team. Take home sample products, a bur kit and a manual.